Late-Wednesday Morning Update on Severe Weather
By Shaunda Rauch on January 30, 2013 from Emergency Services Blog
• There is a Tornado Watch out for many of the western WV counties until 1 p.m. this afternoon.
• There is a Flash Flood Watch out for many of the central and eastern counties from 11 a.m. until 1 a.m. Thursday.
• There is a High Wind Warning out for: Mercer, Randolph, Webster, and Pocahontas counties from 1 AM until 10 AM Thursday.
• There is a Wind Advisory for much of the state from 1 a.m. until 10 a.m. Thursday.
• General wind gusts along the frontal boundary will be 40 to 50 mph, but some embedded cells could produce gusts to 65 mph+
• The convective outlook for today is Slight Risk:
A Slight Risk implies that well-organized severe thunderstorms are expected but in relatively small numbers/coverage, or a small chance of a more significant severe event.
Shaunda Y. Rauch, Director
Bridgeport Emergency Services Department