Floral Design with Cara: What to Tell Your Florist
- When ordering floral gifts, describe the recipient's personality type, as well as his/her favorite hobbies or colors if you know them. Your florist can match the floral arrangement with the recipient's personality. For example, does the recipient like garden, modern, or wildflower arrangements.
- Tell your florist if the gift is for a special occasion (birthday, anniversary or other personal milestone). He or she can offer suggestions on how to best celebrate with flowers.
- If the flowers are for decorating or entertaining, describe the environment where the arrangement will be placed so your florist can create an arrangement that complements the style and colors of your home.
- Consider bringing in your own vase or container for an added personal touch. Ask your florist for specific colors or color themes.
- Let your florist know if you prefer a mixed flower arrangement or an arrangement made up of just one type of flower.
- Provide your florist with the necessary basic information - the name, full address and phone number of the recipient, the delivery date, your card message and payment information.