Health & Fitness: Enhancing Your Workout with the Positive Influence of Music
- Under 100 Slow workouts, warm-up/cool downs
- 115-120 Light walking
- 130-140+ Power walking, cycling, general cardio
- 135-160 Jogging
- 150-175 Running
- 175+ Running and sprinting
Looks like she’s found her beat…
- Be cautious not create a playlist that is all one tempo, especially a fast tempo. Make sure to have three to four slower songs to warm up to, and gradually increase the tempo letting your body flow into the rhythm of your workout and finish off with two to three slower songs for a cool down.
- Be sure that your music isn’t distracting you from your surroundings, especially if you are working out outside for instance, running, or walking.