Ad

Bridgeport Fire Department Extinguishes Small Fire at City Residence

By Julie Perine on February 09, 2018 via Connect-Bridgeport.com

Just after 2 p.m., Bridgeport Fire Department was dispatched to an apparent electrical fire on Rebecca Road. By 2:45 p.m., crews extinguished a small fire in the laundry room of the residence.
Lt. Greg Pigg said the blaze - believed to have originated in the dryer - was contained to the laundry room. At least one resident was at home and immediately evacuated the residence upon discovering the fire.
 
Pigg said Bridgeport Fire Department was alerted quickly and able to take care of the fire in a timely manner. Also dispatched were Shinnston, Anmoore and Nutter Fort fire departments; all which were returned while en route. 
 
Rebecca Road runs from Crestview Terrace to Overlook Drive and accessible via Johnson Avenue.
 


Connect Bridgeport
© 2018 Connect-Bridgeport.com