End of Decades-Old Business in City Coming Soon as Council OKs Towne House Motor Lodge Purchase
By Jeff Toquinto on April 09, 2019
- Heard from Bridgeport Parks and Recreation Director Joe Shuttleworth who provided his annual department report. Each year, each department head breaks down things accomplished, things ongoing and things planned to the city’s governing body. More on Shuttleworth’s report later in on Connect-Bridgeport.
- Appointed local architect of Jim Christie of Civil Environmental Consultants to the Bridgeport Development Authority. The term is for three years.
- Approved a contact from United Sound & Electronics, LLC for $8,451. The contract is to upgrade audio-visual capabilities in two large meeting rooms at the Benedum Civic Center.
- Approved a contract for sidewalk placement design at Crestview Terrace. The Thrasher Group will handle the project for $15,000. The cost includes survey work, field layout, and possible alignment adjustments to sewer/storm lines.
- Heard from residents Nancy Rush and Mark Rohrbough regarding Council’s decision not to renew the contract of Haws; both of who have spoken multiple times on the issues. Rush asked how was making up the committee to find a replacement and asked since the Council consisted of all male members to consider qualified professional female members of the community to sit on any panel involving Haws’ replacement. Rohrbough, again, asked for a reconsideration on the matter and cited Haws’ longevity stating, “Bridgeport prides itself in keeping in key positions for long periods of time.”