Health & Fitness: Find the Olympian within Yourself
- “Staying healthy is a process. It’s not just being in the gym seven hours a day, it’s maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Gymnast Nastia Liukin.
- “What you put in your body is super important” Basketball star Sue Bird
- It’s better to eat smaller meals throughout the day. Swimmer Tyler Clary
- Try to cook as much as your own food as you can. Track and Field star Walter Dix
- “The fewer the feet and the closer to the ground it is, the better it is for you. “ Track and Field Ashton Eaton
Cow- 4 Legs - Ok
Chicken – 2 Legs- Better
Fish- No Legs- Best
Beans – In Ground, no legs; Even Better
- SLEEP – I put it in all caps because it’s THAT important to these Olympic hopefuls.
- “Keep moving” Beach Volleyball star Jen Kessy
- “Grab a friend and just have fun” Kami Craig, Water Polo
- Craig also agrees with the theory that having someone with you not only makes it more fun, but also motivates you, so in Kami’s words “just go out and enjoy working out”
- “Be consistent” Swimmer Nathan Adrian
- “When you wake up in the morning and you don’t want to get up and run, just do it. Suck it up.” Katie O’Donnell Field Hockey