STRONG Idea: Nutrition - A Positive Approach - Part 1 of 5
- Drink eight 8 oz. glasses of water throughout the day. This one’s been around a long time. Basically, drink 64 oz. of water, but make sure you spread it throughout the day.
- Take your body weight in pounds and divide it in half. Drink that number of ounces of water throughout the day. For example, if you weight 200 pounds you should drink 100 ounces of water per day. Again, be sure to spread this amount throughout the day. This one follows the theory that larger people need more water. Make sense to me.
- Drink a full glass of water (8 – 16 oz.) when you brush your teeth in the morning and evening.
- Drink water in between non-water beverages. Want a second cup of coffee? Earn it by drinking some water first.
- Drink water in the car while commuting or carpooling.
- Drink water with meals.
- Drink water while exercising.